Ivan focuses on complex business transactions. He advises legal entities and private investors on negotiating and structuring acquisitions, asset planning and recovery, equity and debt financings, recapitalisations and restructurings, as well as advising on general corporate governance and compliance.
His clients also include public and private companies facing insolvency, as well as companies interested in purchasing assets from insolvency debtors. In particular, Ivan has guided the clients in several multimillion cross-border and multijurisdictional restructurings.
On the business conflict settlement side, Ivan has an experience of advising on national and cross-border dispute resolution. He handles pre-court measures and represents clients in a variety of court and arbitration proceedings.
Prior to joining Hillmont Partners, Ivan worked in the Prosecutor’s Office of Odessa region. He supported the prosecution in court on behalf of the state and represented interests of individuals or the state in court (civil proceedings). Moreover, his duty was to supervise over observance of laws by the authorities carrying out detective operations, inquiries and pre-trial investigation.
- King’s College London (KCL), Master of Laws (LL.M in International Financial Law);
- National University Odessa Academy of Law, PhD in Law;
- National University Odessa Academy of Law, Master’s Degree in Law (with honours);
- National University Odessa Academy of Law, Bachelor of Laws (with honours).
- Bar Admission. Ukraine, 2018.
Awards and Recognition
- The Legal 500 EMEA, edition 2021 – featured as a recommended practitioner in Dispute Resolution