(in memoriam 1980 – 2021)
Serhii Nyzhnyi was a Founding Partner and Co-Managing Partner at Hillmont Partners, Head of the firm’s Dispute Resolution practice. He dealt primarily with commercial and investment dispute resolution, cross-border litigation. He was one of the best rainmakers in the national legal market and advisor on the most complex investor-to-investor or investor-to-state conflicts.
Serhii was one of Ukraine’s prominent litigators in the oil and gas and energy markets. Also, he had experience with dispute settlement in a wide variety of industries including financial services, FMCG and retail, real estate and infrastructure, IT and media.
Serhii co-founded Hillmont Partners in 2016. He became one of Ukraine’s most sought-after experts on corporate law and consultant in complicated disputes. Prior to founding Hillmont Partners he was a partner at Moor & Krosondovich law firm (later on – Moor & Partners).
- Koretsky Institute of State and Law of the National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine;
- Khmelnytsky Institute of Regional Management and Law;
- PhD, Legal Studies.
- Bar Admission. Ukraine, 2009.
Awards and Recognition
- The Legal 500 EMEA, edition 2021 – featured as a recommended practitioner in Dispute Resolution;
- Best Lawyers, edition 2022 – featured as a recognized lawyer in Investment (recognized posthumously).